On Saturday we drove to Murfreesboro to see Hannah perform in COC. This is her last high school band competition. I have mixed feelings about this. I am glad band is over because it is so time consuming, but I am also sad because it means we are getting closer to sending Hannah away to college.
The band made the finals which is good for them. It has never been done before by RHS band. They finished 8th over all and were a little disappointed, but they laid the foundation this year for the band to build on and be even better in the years to come. They also got 2nd in their class.
The picture below is when they first come out on to the field and pose waiting to begin the competition. I know the pics aren't great. My battery was dead on my camera, so I had to make do with my phone once again.
Confidence
Vulnerability
Realization
Acceptance
In the picture below they form a Raptor. They are the Ravenwood Raptors.
On a side note... I just got an email about Hannah's graduation. She will graduate on Saturday, May 23 at 11:30am, at the Belmont University Curb Event Center.

3 comments:
WOW... no more band? That is kinda sad. I'm putting the graduation on my calendar right now! I can't believe Hannah is graduating!
Oh, how this takes me back. Love it that their band program is really getting underway now. COC was something we never missed.
And graduation? I'm dying. In my mind, she'll always be that little girl I remember coming into the sealing room at the temple with a big smile, saying "Hi!" -- and being so pleased that everyone was there. Amazing.
I'm so proud of her. I will also write the date down the calender. I'm so excited to see you!
Post a Comment