Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Halloween with No Pictures...

By battery is dead on my camera and I can't find the charger, so when Halloween came I had no camera for pictures. My thyroid is messed up and my hands shake. Because of this, I can't take pictures with my phone because the picture just comes out blurry. So no Halloween pictures.

Anyway, Hannah wasn't going to dress up this year because Ravenwood had a football game on Halloween night. They had to wear their band uniforms. Then, at the last minute (2 days before Halloween) I received an email that the band was doing a trunk or treat after band practice on the 30th. Hannah dressed up as Snow White. This is quite fitting for her. When she was three years old she wanted to be, and was, Snow White. She also would tell everyone for many years that she wasn't Hannah, but Snow White.

Savannah wasn't going to dress up this year. She thought she was too old to dress up. Then the day before Halloween, she decides that she wants all the candy and so she will dress up. In case you are ever in this situation, let me tell you now, that for a teenage girl the only costumes available last minute lack enough material to cover you teenager. You can't go trick or treating without a costume so Savannah was "smarty pants". We taped smarties to her pants. For anyone wanting to try this in the future... the tape didn't stick well and so by the time we got to the last house all the smarties were gone. Oh, well. She still had fun and the neighbors got a kick out of her costume.

Now Zachary thought about his costume well in advance and we bought it in the middle of October. (thank you Zachary) He was a Jedi from Star Wars. His costume had the brown hooded cape. He also got to carry a Light saber. Nothing better than a costume that allows you to carry a weapon. (or mom by the end of trick or treating)

1 comment:

Carrie and Nathan said...

Love Savannah's costume idea! The creative ones are always my favorite. I didn't think about the "clean costumes" for teenagers being hard to find. I was struggling to find an age appropriate kitty cat costume, I can only imagine what you were going thru! They are putting out skanky costumes for 4-5 year olds, it can only go down hill from there. May the force be with Z...that's cool that he was a Jedi.