Friday, February 20, 2009

Parade of Homes and Happy Mornings

Zachary's class made homes out of card board boxes and used a battery to make the house have lights. Zachary was so excited about this. He took some of his Halo toys to be the occupants of this house. He made this house with another boy in his class, that also goes to church with us. It is a true boy home. Just a bed and lots of room for fighting and wrestling around. They even put holes in the wall that they had to cover with wallpaper. True fun for a boy! The girls of course had pink homes with dishes, furniture barbies and pets.
Today they had a Parade of Homes. I went this morning to see his home. He was excited for me to see it. Great job Zachary!
When I was leaving it was time for the kids to be dismissed to their classrooms for the morning. They have a new counselor for the kids that was giving the kids high five and telling them "Happy Morning! Have a great day!" Their were lots of smiles in that hall. I am not a morning person and it even made me smile. So for all those people like me that hate the mornings, Happy Morning to you!

5 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Way to go Zachary. You're one of the few successful home builders of the year! Looks like you have a great future ahead.

Jan said...

What a fun thing for the kids to do -- love it!

And Happy Morning to you too!

Carrie and Nathan said...

I love this! He's so cute. I love that the bare necessities are all that mattered to those boys. Very cute.

Anonymous said...

That looks like Nick's dream home:)

Becca said...

Hey Jennifer! Carrie invited me to her blog and I found yours! Since when did Hannah become old enough to go to College? I remember it was just yesterday I was making her go down the tower at Boxwell and telling her it was ok to say HELL. I've got a blog too. www.justincase-kern.blogspot.com we are now in NC where my hubby works for a racing team. All is going great but I miss TN. Miss you! (from my blog you will find the rest of my familys blogs)