At this time last year, Hannah was trying to decide where to apply to go to college. She did NOT want to go to BYU. "That is where parents send their kids to get married and it is cold and too far away." We quickly informed her that we were definitely not sending her there to get married. After praying about where she should go, she promptly got the feeling that she needed to apply to BYU and that it was where she would be going. She wasn't very excited about this, but she applied and tried to think of positives about BYU. We talked a lot about the environment at BYU and also saw that there are weekly Devotionals. This would be great, we told her. You will probably get to hear some of the Apostles speak and maybe even the Prophet.
Fast forward to Sunday.
I get a call from a very excited Hannah telling me that it was announced in church that day, that the Prophet would be speaking at the Devotional on Tuesday. This is only the second Devotional and she wasn't expecting to get to hear form the Prophet so soon. She was hoping to get there early enough this morning to get to be in the same room with the Prophet while he is speaking to them.
So Hannah, I'm hoping you were able to see the Prophet this morning!
6 comments:
I love it! I'm so glad she's having awesome experiences like this. Now THAT'S a good reason to be here! I love her so much, thanks for letting us have some time with her!
I was never a huge BYU fan even though I spent 4 years there myself and then several more as a married student - but that's one of the huge bonuses for sure!
What a blessing. Hannah is such a good person. She deserves these experiences. We're proud of her.
I saw that the prophet gave a devotional yesterday on the news and I immediately thought of Hannah! I was going to call her today to see if she saw him speak!! That's so awesome!!
That is so awesome!!!! Such lucky BYU students!!
there is definitely a lot of good about byu. totally wanted to go there myself, but it was not the place for me. =) looks like hannah is beginning to see the perks!
Post a Comment