Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tennessee Football and Halloween

This year Zachary decided he didn't care about trick or treating. He just wanted the candy. On Friday night, I took Zachary and Savannah shopping and let them pick out their favorite candies. The next morning we drove to Knoxville for the Tennessee vs. South Carolina game. It was raining (shock shock), but my genius of a husband made sure we got tickets in the covered section. Did I mention how much I love this man? I love you, I love you, I love you! Thanks for taking care of us!

We wanted to get there early so the kids could see the players walking to the stadium.


We are getting ready for
the football players! The
banner is up.
In all of the excitement I forgot to take pictures when the players were actually walking out. Oops.

It was raining, so we went on in to the stadium to our seats. Zachary got to do some trick or treating Neyland Stadium style. The ushers were handing out candy to the kids.

The view from our seats.


The band forming the "T" for the players to run through. I almost forgot to take a picture in all the excitement. I did miss the players running out in their black jerseys. Go Vols!

The band also did a Halloween halftime show. They played the Nightmare Before Christmas, Ghost Busters, Jaws, and to finish it off, they played Thriller. It was definitely a lot of fun to watch.

For Hannah and anyone else that wants to see it, I found it on youtube.

The Vols won 31-13. We had a great night. The kids thought it was a great way to spend Halloween. Another generation of Vols fans in the making!

4 comments:

Jan said...

Fun stuff! I love it that you guys are die-hard Vols fans!!

Anonymous said...

That is so much better then staying home and giving candy to Teen-age-mutant Ninjas!!!

Carrie and Nathan said...

That was a fun show to watch. Makes me think of Hannah. I'm glad y'all got to go and have fun. I would've rather been there for sure! haha Go Vols!

Grandma and Grandpa said...

How fun! Glad you stayed dry--we love Kyle,too. Great pictures..GO VOLS