Monday, February 15, 2010

Waiting For The Burn Out

I have bursitis in my left shoulder.  Or so we think anyway.  I went to the doctor a little over a week ago and he informed me that bursitis can take up to 4-6 weeks to burn out.  My shoulder has already been hurting since the end of December. (Not Fun)  So now I play the waiting game.  Waiting for the bursitis to burn out.  Morning- no pain, afternoon- discomfort, evening- pain, take pain pills and become best friends with the ice on my shoulder, after dinner more ice, put on the patch for pain relief (love the patch), more pain pills if it is time and always more ice (did I mention how I love the ice?), try to sleep.  Repeat daily.


I don't think I have ever appreciated the workings of a shoulder until now.


I don't mean to complain, just tired of pain and feeling lazy. So I watch the snow fall outside my window and wait for the burn out.

5 comments:

Carrie and Nathan said...

I think you and Katie would be perfect buddies right now! You can watch movies, take pain pills and console to each other. I'm sorry you are having a hard time. We love you! Love Jamie and Katie

Jan said...

Not fun. I wish there was more that someone could do for you. I remember trying to survive tendonitis (when we were in Nashville) and just being spaced out on pain med and muscle relaxers -- not a great way to live!

Carrie and Nathan said...

Ok...I was wondering how my blogger identity was used already when I didn't comment! I'm sorry that you are dealing with shoulder pain! I hope it goes away sooner than later! Love ya.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you have been in so much pain, for such a long time!! I am glad that you are comfortable in the mornings though. I remember my Mom going through something similar and she was given a copper bracelet to wear, by a member of our ward at that time. It seemed to help relieve some of her discomforts. Not sure if that would help in your situation.

Neely Family said...

Sorry sis. Let us know if we can do anything. I remember watching Mom go through that and it did not look like fun.