Friday, May 21, 2010

High School Here I Come

Savannah had her 8th grade graduation this morning.  Again, it took longer to graduate her from middle school than to graduate Hannah from high school.  They should really work on this.  One advantage of having Zachary's graduation the day before is that we decided to climb to the top row of bleachers so we could lean back against the wall when our backs got tired from sitting there so long.  Again, I had a few camera issues/ Jennifer issues.  Oh, well.


I tried to get some earlier pictures of Savannah, but they all turned out blurry.  This is her waiting in line for her name to be called to get her certificate.  She has just said thank you to the academy. 

 Confused?  

Savannah told me last night that she really just wanted to walk by and grab the mic and say, "I would like to thank the academy".  Since she would get in trouble for this, I told her I would be watching and she could look and me and I would know what she was thinking.  In the picture below, she had just mouthed to me, "I would like to thank the academy".  I am so proud!



I at least did get her picture shaking the principal's hand and receiving her certificate.



I have my certificate.  8th grade is over.  High School here I come!




We got back home after a 2 hour ceremony.  Before she could change, I wanted to get a picture of her all dressed up with her flowers and certificate.  Congratulations Savannah!


And so summer begins!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Savannah! It's a big deal going into high school. Although, I can't believe.. 2 hours!? That's crazy. Savannah is one funny girl. "I would like to thank the Academy." She's such a beautiful girl! WOOHOO for summer too!

Carrie and Nathan said...

I would like to thank the academy...she's a hoot. Glad you all survived the graduations. Not SO glad to have another niece old enough to be in high school. C'est la vie! Congrats Savannah! She's a beauty!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I could totally see Savannah wanting to say that! Tell her the SC academy is cheering and clapping for her! She looks most beautiful with her flowers a diploma;)

Jan said...

How the time has flown! She's beautiful - can't believe she's moving onto high school.

Enjoy that summer!!

hydeeann said...

she's such a cute girl. i'll bet she does great in high school. from what i've read of her, she seems ready for it. are you? ;)