Monday, May 3, 2010

Wishing We Would Have Had Noah's Warning and Built an Ark

We have had a bit of flooding here in the Nashville area.  Here are some pictures from my neck of the woods as Mill Creek was starting to cause flood problems and the roads were starting to close.










This is the road that leads to my subdivision.


There has been a lot of damage. We have seen footage of homes floating away in the floods. It is just unreal.  All of the flooding happened so fast. We are told we got the same amount of rain in two days that we normally get for the months of May- July.(about 13.5 inches with some areas getting 15 inches)  Church was cancelled yesterday and schools are closed today. Thankfully we are okay, but there are a lot of people with out homes and people that were visiting Nashville that are stranded here right now staying at shelters set up all over the city. 

 I have been trying to upload some of the pics that we have been seeing of the flood, but can't get them.  Here is a link to our local news stations if you are interested in seeing all of the water. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is CRAZY!! And scary! I'm so glad that you guys are all okay. I just can't believe all the damage. It's unbelievable all the things that I've heard from friends out there. I'm happy all the family's okay though. I hope your home is okay too. Love you.

Jan said...

I've been following this online too - and it's clear that several of our houses (Suter Drive and Lynn Drive) would both have been under water. Such a mess, so much damage - makes me sad to watch.

So glad you guys are all OK -- be safe!!

Anonymous said...

Crazy stuff, so glad you are safe and dry! So glad the office stayed dry too, Darren was very worried after Kyle and John told him how crazy it was there. We are expecting rain late tonight and through the rest of the week.

Carrie and Nathan said...

This is crazy! I have been glued to the local TN News websites looking for pictures and video. I'm glad the family is ok, but so sad for those are are without.

Grandma and Grandpa said...

I'll be glad when this is all over..of course it looks like that won't be anytime soon.