It started out really busy with youth conference and then girls camp. The week after, Kyle was checking in on scout camp. Then Savannah had EFY in Bloomington IN. She loved it. She got to spend time with three girls from our ward and meet new people as well.
The rest of the summer we have been hanging around doing nothing to exciting. Definitely enjoying the lazy pace of summer.
Things we have been up to...
Painting grandma's closet. The kids loved this!
Hannah was good at hiding while I was taking pictures, but she was helping out as well.
The kids have also been watering plants for grandpa. It has been wonderful for them. I am thankful that they had the opportunity to do this. They learned that veggies don't just appear in the grocery store. They started watering these plants in the spring and have had the opportunity to see vegetables grow and actually pick them off the vines. This has been fun for the kids and a great lesson they never would have learned at home. They were excited to do this for grandpa, for me at home, not so much.
Tomatoes! Zachary's favorite.
How many tomatoes did you get?
Thanks grandma and grandpa for letting the kids do this. You have helped them to have a great summer. One that I don't think they will ever forget.
Other things going on:
-Hannah is working at JNW. I think she has a couple weeks left.
She just bought her all season sports pass and is grouped with her friends. She is looking forward to getting back to school and seeing her friends. She is ready to go to football games and have fun. Hopefully there will be some studying in there somewhere.
She has decided to take her car this fall. Yikes!? There are some crazy drivers around there. :)
She has a calling in the Nursery and loves it. It is quite a change from the singles ward.
-Savannah has been working on her Personal Progress and she is coming along pretty well.
She is ready to see her friends at school and is looking forward to high school. Early mornings? School work? Not so much.
She has freshmen orientation tomorrow and red letter days on Thursday, where she will get her schedule and locker assignment.
She is also studying for her drivers permit. I don't know how I feel about that one yet.
She is wanting to take dance lessons this fall. Lyrical and hip hop.
Zachary is working on his Faith in God for primary. He is working on memorizing his Articles of Faith. Only seven more to go.
He is getting nervous about middle school and not anywhere near ready for summer to end. Me either!
School starts next week. He just had Saber Day at school where he got his locker assignment. I think he likes having a locker. He is a pro at opening his locker now.
Zachary is also taking golf lessons and loving it.





4 comments:
Busy busy times - and how your kids are growing up!! Sounds like a wonderful summer to me. I always used to dread school starting because it meant that I lost another piece of my kids even though it is exactly what is supposed to happen.
We missed seeing you this summer, but it sounds like you have had a great time serving your family and community!
I can't believe that summer is almost over! But, it seems like you guys have had a good one. I think it's awesome that you guys were able to help mom and dad out with the garden. It's so great to hear (or read) what you and your kids are up to. Love you guys!
summer of service sounds fantastic. and you're getting a lot of church goals done, too. we're just getting in to that around here. gotta get macey completed in faith in God by december. using sundays to work on it. but you're talking to a girl who never learned the articles of faith herself, nor got her yw medalion. ha! trying to do better with the next generation.
jealous of the veges. i would so grow a ton if we lived somewhere more hospitable!!!
Post a Comment