Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chick Fil A Day!

We supported Chick Fil A today.  I am not a big fast food eater, but sometimes you just have to stand up for what is right.  At least that is what I am always telling my kids and how can I ask them to stand for something if I am not willing to do the same?

Kyle was out early this morning and stopped for breakfast.  His line wasn't so bad.  The girls were out baby siting, so Zachary and I decided to tackle Chick Fil A for lunch.  I would have loved to take the girls and wait until dinner, but with church tonight, I knew we would never make it.

Here is our adventure.
We were getting to Chick Fil A around 1:15pm.  I chose to avoid the Galleria Mall area and went to a smaller town hoping for less traffic.  No Such Luck!  Good for Chick Fil A though.


This is the line waiting to turn on the street where Chick Fil A is.

25 minutes later
At least we are on the street.  We saw lots of people walking back to their cars from Chick Fil A.  They parked on the street or at nearby businesses.

Zachary waiting patiently for lunch.
He was amazed at the crowd.

35 minute wait
At least we can see the Chick Fil A

 The line coming from the other direction.  
the white van ahead is parked on the street.


 I found a parking spot, so I parked the car thinking it may be faster than waiting in the drive through line.  
Maybe Not!

We finally got our food around 2:10.  It was so full, people were standing everywhere and they would take your order and then attach your order to your name.  They were constantly yelling out names.  We were lucky we found a seat.  Actually, we were standing right by this booth waiting for our food when a family got up, so we quickly took their seat when they left.

This is the line of people waiting to get in as we were leaving.  It was so full, people were even sitting at the outdoor tables even though it was 100 degrees before you count the humidity.


 Back at the car...take 1

 trying to get a good shot of us with our Chick Fil A cups.  That is always fun with Zachary.  He always squints and hates the pictures, but he forgot his sunglasses.

Take 2
 Oops!!!
No Zachary
Maybe Zachary isn't the only problem.  Maybe it is photographer error?

Take 3
I give up!
I guess this is as good as it gets!

We had fun together anyway!


2 comments:

Thismamaiscrazy said...

FUN. My dad went and bought lunch there on Wednesday too for everyone at the family history center where my mom was working and for my brothers and sisters at home. I would have tried it, except we have no air in the van and like you said, it was hot. My girls are not as patient! I love the pictures at the end... especially take 2. I LOL'ed.

Anonymous said...

Love that you went and recorded your support!