Thursday, November 13, 2008

3D Polar Express

I was excited when the polar express came out on DVD in 3D. Kyle and I took the kids to see it on Imax and we loved it, and anxiously waited for it to be released in 3D. Well, I bought it. It comes with four 3D glasses. Kyle went out and bought more so we would have enough for our family and we were all set to watch it on Monday night. Now, I know it isn't Christmas yet, but we couldn't wait.

It was awful! for the first part of the movie everything is red and blurry. The picture is never clear and the color is off. We stuck it out for the whole movie (not smart or recommended) and at the end our eyes were sore. If you haven't bought this movie yet, you have been warned, buy at your own risk! I personally think Warner Bros. should issue refunds to anyone who has purchased this eyesore (get it?). It does play in 2D, but we bought it for the fun of 3D. I thought maybe it was just the cheap 3D glasses, so I looked on amazon to purchase some better ones. The reviews for the glasses were great, unless you were using them for Polar express. I guess we aren't the only ones that have issues with the 3D version. I just thought in this tough economy I would stop the rest of you from purchasing this disaster.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks for the heads-up on this one -- good info. You saved me some $$.

Carrie and Nathan said...

What a bummer! I was looking forward to getting that. Such a shame...I should've known. The Barbie movie we bought (Pegasus, I think?)the 3D version stunk on that, too. Oh, well I guess we'll let 'em work out the "bugs"...until then Buyer Beware.

Anonymous said...

Such a disappointment for sure!!!