Monday, August 17, 2009

School Days

Savannah and Zachary survived their first two days of school. Zachary really likes his teacher. :)
She reads to the class. Does it get better than that? He likes his class. He is making new friends, and he has a late lunch, so his teacher lets the class bring a healthy snack.

Savannah has some HILARIOUS teachers! She talked for hours about how much fun they were. She is also taking honors Spanish and honors Algebra for high school credit. She is nervous about that, but I am sure she will be fine. Of course my social Savannah has her two best friends in several classes as well as many other friends. I don't think that girl knows a stranger.

I am glad my prayers were answered and these two had such a good start to their school year. Let's hope it continues... with maybe a few less "mom projects" than the previous years?!

2 comments:

Carrie and Nathan said...

I'm glad they both are adjusting good! In the sixth grade I loved that my teacher read to us. To this day I still love the book "Where the Red Fern Grows" b/c she read it to us. Savannah doesn't know a stranger, but I LOVE that about her. We are nervously gearing up for the new school year next Monday! Wish us luck!

Jan said...

It's such a great feeling as a mom to know your kids are happy at school -- because it's a 'have-to-do' kind of thing. Yay for a good start to the school year.