WE got back from Utah on Sunday afternoon. I was looking through the mail and saw the bank card that I needed to activate. We hadn't gotten the pin in yet so while I was grocery shopping I stopped at the bank to activate it. We had just opened this account for Hannah before she left because there is a branch in Provo. The guy that opened the account for us was asking about Hannah and how our trip to Provo was. His manager in the mean time was activating my card and listening to our conversation. Then he adds,"Just tell her to watch out for the Mormons." In a matter of seconds, as I am about to say that I am a Mormon, the guy that opened our account said to his manager, "Dude, what if she is Mormon?". I proceeded to tell them that I was. The guy that opened out account started laughing at his manager. The managers face turned bright red. He informed me that he was Baptist, but converting to Lutheran. I told him that was great. The guy that opened our account was worried that I was offended. I assured him that I was fine. Everyone has their own opinions. I got a good laugh as I was grocery shopping thinking about the guy with his face turning bright red. Maybe next time he won't think so harshly about the Mormons. Who knows?
Just one question... Why would I send my daughter to Provo if I was worried about the Mormons?
Funny!?
4 comments:
Too funny. You really do need to watch out for those Mormons--they ARE everywhere. Especially in Provo-what WAS he thinking? Me, I'm glad she's there!
Yup, those Mormons -- are awesome! Love it.
That's hilarious!!
how did he get to be manager when he's not very bright? very funny! and i'm glad you handled it so well. maybe he will think better of us.
Post a Comment