So this year is the first year in about 10 years that I am excited about Christmas. I used to love it until it came to traveling, and the kids getting sick, and shopping around all of the grumpy people, and decorating only to have the lights go out. Whew!
Anyway, I am excited about Christmas this year even though my shopping isn't done yet. I listen to Christmas music and shop and try to stay calm in all the madness. I do okay until I hear those awful songs. Yes, you know the ones. The ones that should never be played on the radio or for that matter anywhere. I was talking about this with Carrie and thought I would blog about these songs.
1. Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney
Need I say more?
2. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, by Leanne Rimes. It is just awful! I would rather listen to someone run their fingernails down a chalkboard.
3. Last Christmas
Yes the one sung by Wham!
That song is weird on so many levels and I wish they would have saved me from tears and kept the song to themselves.
4. Christmas Is Just Around The Corner by Barry Manilow
This one is a new one this year. If you haven't heard it yet, consider yourself lucky and warned. I am doing pretty good staying excited about Christmas until I hear this song. This brings my stress levels way up. Come on Barry, retire already!
This is just a small sampling of the songs that come to mind right now. There may be more.
So, I was wondering? What Christmas songs could you do without? I would love to know!

5 comments:
Ha ha!! I haven't heard the Barry Manilow song yet, but I will steer clear of that one. I actually like Wonderful Christmas Time, but more so in an "I want to annoy everyone around me kind of way!" I'm so glad that you are excited about Christmas this year! It can be so stressful with all the things that you listed. Because it's true. That stuff always happens to you guys! So, good luck, and here's to no one getting sick this year!!
I have herd a few that made me turn of the radio because they were such a mockery of Christmas, yet they used the word Christmas not holidays. I can not even tell you who they were by but one was a rap version of the 12 days of Christmas. No I do not listen to rap music it was on one of those all Holiday music channels!
Jennifer! hahaha Hilarity! This is so funny. Ok, I think I have one more to add to the list. Santa Baby. I used to kinda like it...but seriously...who gets turned on by Santa? I think I've thought WAY too much about that one ;) I'm glad you are excited too! Rub some of that off on me please!
Welcome back! Don't let the remaining shopping get you down. I will help if you need me to. Loved your song list.I haven't heard Barry yet, but I did see him on tv and that was enough to turn my stomach. I used to like him...but I used to ride a bike. My advice--GIVE IT UP ALREADY!!
feliz navidad gets old to me. we hear it a lot around here. and there's some other ones on the tip of my tongue, but i'm having a mental block (thank goodness!)somehow i missed barry. lucky me!
Post a Comment