Friday, January 29, 2010

Sometimes You Need A Little Sunshine


Over the Holiday's I had the chance to babysit Raven and Tessa so their parents could go to the temple with mom and dad. I was so excited for them to come. I popped popcorn so we could watch a movie in the theater. We cuddled up in our quilts and watched Cinderella 2. Not the best movie, but we were in the theater and we had it all to ourselves, so we still had loads of fun. Afterwards, we had lunch and the girls colored pictures. Raven wondered why I didn't have any pictures on my fridge. I told her that my kids didn't color pictures anymore for me to put on the fridge. She thought I needed one, so she made me a picture of a duck in the sunshine. I know you can't see the duck but, she drew it, and colored it, and cut it out, and glue it in the perfect place on the picture. But we weren't finished yet...

I didn't have any coloring books, but luckily I found Disney Princess pictures we could print and color. They got to take those home of course.

I had such fun with Raven and Tessa. Every time I walk past the fridge and see the picture, I smile and think of that fun day. Thanks for making my day Raven.

5 comments:

Jan said...

So fun for all of you. And what's really cool is that once you enter the grandma-hood era (a ways off for you yet) you will again have pics for your walls and fridge. I should take a picture of mine - covered. And I love it.

Carrie and Nathan said...

Jennifer, thank you! This post melts my heart! We had such a nice time at the temple and the girls LOVED coming over to see their Aunt Jennifer, Savannah and of course...Zachary w/ the Pokemon (sp?) Thank you!

-Carrie

I liked to watch the movie Cinderella 2 in your theater. Please, can I come over again? I liked that day.

I love you, Raven.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet:)

Grandma and Grandpa said...

You are the coolest, Aunt Jennifer. And just so you know, another little girl thinks so, too. Taylor has been putting you at the top of the list in her prayers for Heavenly Father to bless. Can I come take lessons?

hydeeann said...

so sweet, aunti jen! i can't believe you don't have kids at home that age anymore. i can't imagine what it'll be like when i get there. it's still a few years away, thank goodness. i hear the grandkids will make up for it. can THAT really be that close, too?! yikes!