Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Day


The kids got a snow day yesterday.  We got the call on Thursday evening letting us know that due to the snow warning school was cancelled.  PARTY TIME!  This is what we got throughout the day Friday and into the night and early morning hours of Sunday.  Zachary liked that there is a layer of snow then ice so you never know when your feet will cave through the ice and sink into the snow.

Our home



Zachary and the neighbor kids having fun in the snow.













Boys and toy guns.  What can I say?





Our back yard.  By the way, Brinkley hates the snow.









After time out in the snow, freezing, we came in to the nice warm fire.  We are snowed in.  All of the roads are iced over and most everything is closed so we have no where to go.  Even church is cancelled tomorrow.  Guess we just get to hang out together and relax.

6 comments:

Jan said...

Makes me want to pop some popcorn, make some hot chocolate, and curl up in front of that fire with a good book. Enjoy it and stay warm at home.

Unknown said...

Fun Fun Fun!! It's awesome that you guys had a snow day. I always looked forward to having a snow day when I was in school. It looks like you had a great time. Love you and miss you like crazy!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, all we have is wet cold rain and a chance of icy roads as the temps drop tonight so our Sat. evening season of stake conference was cancelled. I am with Jan on the Hot Chocolate, popcorn and good book!

Carrie and Nathan said...

So pretty! I told Savannah that y'all are taking the bullet for us! We haven't had snow for a while. Thanks! Have fun...we miss you!

The Hannah Diaries said...

I'm glad y'all have the snow day. Have fun with the snow. It is really pretty. Love you and miss you!

hydeeann said...

so picturesque & cozy looking! the fireplace photo at the end is a nice touch. =) sounds like just enough snow to really enjoy.