Kyle and I took Hannah back out to Provo for her senior year of college. I can't believe it! A Senior! We met up with Carrie and her family while we were there.
Savannah signed up to play powder puff football for homecoming. The Juniors play the Seniors. The Seniors always win, but Savannah wanted to play her best. Kyle took her and Zachary out to the back yard to give them some football tips. He taught them how to throw a spiral and to run and catch the ball
Savannah all ready for Powder Puff football
She got to choose a name and number for her jersey . She chose the number 24 and J Bauer for Jack Bauer on 24. Nobody stops Jack Bauer! The Seniors won of course, but the Juniors looked better. The Juniors ordered their shirts in time so they all matched. The Seniors didn't have their jerseys in, so they wore regular t shirts.
Zachary took a vision test at school a did poorly! He texted me and told me that he failed and would need to go to the eye doctor.
I took Zachary to the eye doctor where we found he did indeed need glasses. Zachary thought he just needed reading glasses and he told the eye doctor he could see just fine other than reading. The eye doctor told him he would have to wear glasses all of the time and he took Zachary out to the lobby and had him look outside. He then place some lenses the strength that Zachary needs, over his eyes. Zachary's face lit up. He was amazed at everything he could see and everything he hadn't been seeing. He picked out some glasses that he liked. 4 days later we went and picked them up.
I think he did a good job! I think he looks cute with his glasses! His frames are Banana Republic and he thought it was funny that his glasses were named after a republic for bananas. I had to explain that Banana Republic was a brand. He still thought it was really funny.
Savannah turned 17
She celebrated her birthday by having the family over for a Perry the Platypus cake. They don't make a Perry the Platypus cake pan, at least not one that I found. I looked online and found directions to make one. Savannah loved it, so I guess that is what counts.
she got gift cards and a Smokey (UT) pillow pet
Zachary saved his money and bought Savannah a stuffed giraffe for her birthday
Kyle and I celebrated our 22 anniversary.
We went to NYC for the weekend and left just as Hurricane Sandy was coming in. We were one of the last flights out the day before the storm. Thanks Mom and Dad for staying with the kiddos. It was great to get away, but we are glad to be back home.
We carved pumpkins on Halloween and went trick or treating with William and Lily. Savannah and Zachary had a blast with them!
Serious Carver
Zachary with the finished product and ready for trick or treating
Savannah was so excited to carve pumpkins, she also carved her dads
Her finished masterpiece
We are looking forward to a week off from school for Thanksgiving!











1 comment:
yay, an update!
can't believe hannah is a senior. that happened fast.
NYC and just before the storm - awesome. y'all are still so cute together. 22 yrs, really?
nice to see the richardsons in the fall. =)
Post a Comment