Monday, February 7, 2011

A Tale Of Two Trees

This past Christmas was the first Christmas in a long time that I was actually excited about. I used to love Christmas until we moved away from family and traveled for Christmas.  And then of course my kids would get sick.  What is Christmas without sick kids.  Then we would get home and I would take the decorations down and get the kids back in school.  Sounds relaxing, huh?
I have since moved back closer to family and my kids aren't sick every year, but the dread of former days linger.

Of course, it must be said, that while decorating every year, inevitably the lights on something either won't work, or they go out all together. That has been a constant every year.

This year we got the Light Keeper Pro.  I blogged about it in December with excitment.  It works, so I am still loving it.  The lights on our garland went out and voila, the LKP fixed the problem.


Here is our tree.  It is a bad picture, but I think I deleted the good one by accident.  It is a pretty tree with LED lights.  The tree was up and decorated, the garland up, wreathes on the door.  We are ready for Christmas.

Early in December, before the 8th when the Young Women were coming over for our Christmas party, the bottom half of the tree went out.  The light keeper pro doesn't work on LED lights.  Only the miniature lights.  I was ready to take the tree down and forget it.  We could still have Christmas with no tree.


Our new tree

Kyle came to the rescue.  Well, I guess I should say, he and Zachary came to the rescue.  While I took Savannah to dance, they went and got this new tree, with miniature lights.  Now, I can fix the lights with my light keeper pro.  I hope all goes well next Christmas.

3 comments:

Carrie and Nathan said...

Love the new tree! Everything looked so pretty!

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Sorry to say, I don't think I saw either tree, but I do love my son-in-law (and oldest grandson) even more.
We are so glad that you are closer to family again. That way, I can borrow your nifty tools and fix my lights! Well, that's not the real reason, but we do love having you 8minutes away.
By the way, both trees were beautiful. Sorry you had trouble.

Jan said...

It's such a gift to have family close - -literally we are around the corner from Chris and Natalie -- LOVE it!