Savannah got a car on April 11. We have been looking for one for a while trying to find a good deal and to get a car so that Savannah would be comfortable driving it for her test this fall. We also wanted Hannah to have something to drive this summer while she is home.
Since the VW Beetle was redesigned (back when Savannah was little) She has talked of wanting a slug bug. The thought that people would be slugging each other while she drove around makes her laugh.
She has named her car Tomater. Her favorite character in the Cars movie was Mater and she said that she would name her car after him. We laughed a few weeks ago having this conversation, that if she got a slug bug, it would be round like a tomato and the name Tomater would be fitting. Her dad and grandpa went to pick up the car while she was a school and that evening when they got home, she was surprised to receive her Tomater.
This picture is the only one I have. We had bad weather that day with storms and tornado warnings. It was still raining, but I had to get a picture of this momentous occasion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
LOVE it! I learned to drive using one of the old VT bugs (dark green and filled with exhaust fumes) and we loved that car. Now my sister has 2 bugs -- one red like your Tomater and a navy blue convertible. Fun fun fun!!
On another note, how is it possible that you will have 2 drivers??? Aren't you still about 19 yourself?
There's no way she's old enough to drive! :/ Didn't she just get baptized like a couple years ago?
That is SOOO Cool!!! I've always wanted one of those, so good choice. Savannah is so funny! Love the name!
Way fun surprise and cute name;)
LOVE it! I envy her a little too. Would love nothing more than a cute little bug to drive around myself. I remember seeing the Bug advertised in a car show my junior year (i think) of high school. To read she has loved them since the new design came out (when she was little) solidifies the fact that I'm old. Awesome. She needs to stop it right now! No more growing up. ;) Hug her for us!
ahw, what a cute little tomater for your girl. is she really almost old enough to drive it?!
Post a Comment